Swim, LSR & Olympics

Early pool session with my swim coach Josh on Saturday morning.  Aim was to get the session done so we could get back and watch the womens Triathlon!

Got into the pool then a 300m warm up with Josh watching me thrash about.

Good news is that I am buoyant, bad news is that there is lots to work on!

Did 300m of drills working on kick, straighter arms, catch & push.  Got down from 32 strokes per 25m length down to 23 at my best which is where it needs to be.

Main set was 5 x 100m concentrating on form.  It was 50/50 to be fair and struggled to go quick.  Times were 1.48 - 158 but it was harder trying to work on so much.  Like rubbing your head and stomach at the same time.  Did notice that the lengths I nailled it we down to 25 strokes per length but when I struggled and tensed up trying to push too long or thinking about the catch it was 32 again.  Loads to work on but pretty good start and glad that I can get my times down.

200m warm down and finished off a good early workout.

Sunday morning up again fierce early to meet Lee and Dan for a couple of laps of Grafham.  18 miles at about 8.30 pace.  Very gentle pace but my quads were really tired.  Great test for my calf and passed with flying colours.  Can really start smashing the running in now and pick up the fitness.  Glad to get a long run in though and lots to work on.

Got home, quick shower and off to Olympic park.  Murders on the train but ended up going from Bishops Stortford to Stratford direct.

Olympic park is an absolutely amazing place.  We waked all about soaking up the atmosphere and got into the stadium 2 hours before the first event started!  Seats in row 2 - right next to the womens triple jump.  Mens 100m was unreal, what an atmosphere, surely not as electric as the Saturday night but was amazing viewing.

Monday morning easy run with Andy at work, quads still battered and 25 mins on the turbo when I got home from swimming lessons.  7 hours training done in the last 5 days so will smash in a good nike ride today when it stops raining and think about when I can get a swim in to work on my new technique !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo