OK, I have nothing. I'd love to make these blogs more interesting but the reality is even google thinks they're shit haha So back to what actually works for me. Weekly training updates.
Aim for this week : get back into a full training routine. It'll be rough but just tick the boxes, get everything done and try to improve over the next 4 weeks just finding things easier than the last.
Monday 3rd August 2026
Rest day. Off to Lower Mill. Body is battered. Hips still ache slightly and that's the short term focus.
Tuesday
Still too achy to do a session so the plan was to run 8 easy and then tag Anges c25k run on. Outcome 10.3 miles with 8 @ 7:44/mm. Actually felt OK tbf was moving well. The Puma Deviate Pure are very much a replacement for the Vomero just lighter and more stable.
Wednesday
Headed back home so split runs today. 3.95 @ 8:22/mm and 3.78 @ 8:31/mm. B/mile much lower in the morning but things are heading in the right direction.
Thursday
Ate shit last night. I need to focus on eating cleaner now. Training plan tonight is to hit track and session. I'll do whatever Andy sets and just take it steady (current pace is like 17.30 for 5k) so I'll chill and let the legs arrive!
Decided to start eating cleaner today, fed up with feeling shit so lets analyse that!
So... interesting. Had breakfast at 9am. Went to golf range, bought stuff for later and really had no need for a snack! Had the lunch, absolutely delicious. Would say it will be easy to get bored of these but as good clean fuel they are really good.
So far today I'm at 1,042 calories, 82g carbs, 81g protein. Will have a big snack pre-training and then dinner. Target is still 2,500 calories.
Gut feeling is that I will be light on carbs but I'll see what I can do and make sure the snack is carb heavy. My snack I'll add shit load of dates as that should push it up a bit. I'd prefer to avoid toast and cereals but it may be impossible
Session time - feel refreshed. Tried the OTE BiCarb which I'll review properly at some stage. I'll also turn all this nutrition shit into a proper post.
Just me, Tom & Amy at track. Session was 3 x 600 (5k) 3 x 300 (1500) 3 x 500 (3k) 3 x 200 (800) off 90 bw reps and 400 jog bw sets.
Went [2.00 / 2.00 / 1.59] - [54 / 53 / 53] - [1.33 / 1.32 / 1.32] - [34 / x / x]
Foot ached on that 200 so pulled plug immediately. Post anterior tib showing again so need to address. Able to cool down no issues but next morning and clearly something there. Foot rols out under fatigue so hopefully caught and delt with in time but won't know until Saturday.
Session was good, felt under control. Helped having Tom pull me around. Good paces, probably each one a level up on current fitness but overall a good start point. Doesn't feel a long way from here to get back to where I need to be.
Friday
Slept well, I really think just one day of good food shows that it's possible to get big gains. Rest today but i'll do rehab and work the weaknesses.
Foot aches a little. Can feel that roll outwards so I'll address it as I go along. Fingers crossed OK for tomorrow. Will do PR long and see how that goes. Will most likely run long with J on Sunday also which will be a double long run weekend to build conditioning and protect the foot.
Fizz on Monday so short window to address that if it's a prob but hopefully I can manage it away.
Saturday
Met Dan for same as last weekend. Park-long-run. This week we did 4 miles beforehand but I felt pretty drained tbf. Parky started and I actually felt good ... until I didn't !!! First mile was fine and low 6s and then through halfway felt a little heavy but kept rolling. Last mile I felt fucked. It was pretty much everything I had. HR had got to 164 just before half way and it stuck around 165-166 until the finish. I felt wiped. 19.05 was slight improvement on last week but comparison was this -
2) 3.12mi - 19:09(6:08/mi) 156/164bpm [957b/mi]
2) 3.12mi - 19:05(6:07/mi) 159/166bpm [972b/mi]
Much more work for that. 4 mile cool down at 8:35/mm was all I could manage today.
Legs were just toast from track on Thursday. I just hadn't recovered enough. It's all good conditioning though but now I am back to regular training routine it'll take a few weeks to re-adjust. I have to be patient.
Sunday
Double long run weekend. 12.7 miles @ 8:26/mm. J did seem to struggle today but it was hot and tbf I wasn't exactly flying myself.
HR was pretty high but I expected that as my legs are just not where they need to be yet.
50 miles for the week (49.97 to be precise). Got a session in which was the main focus. Also seemingly have survived the hips, the calf and the foot unscaved and live to fight another week. I like the 5 day routine but even with an extra rest day I am just struggling to adapt. Once the conditioning arrive this will be easy and paces will lift but right now everything is an effort level above where I'd like it to be.
No doubles either which is good. There is headway to get to 60 on this plan.
The Parkrun was hard but the session on Thursday was best run of the week and that's pay dirt.
Comments
Post a Comment