Race thoughts, the plan and coming targets

A bit of a waffle waffle post. Mainly downloading and I'll probably never read again but always good to take stock of where you are.

I'm 3 weeks in to the consistent training so roughly heading abouts where I was (time wise) coming in to Watford last time. I feel like I am going to be around 9.30 shape - 76 per lap. I certainly don't think outside of a terrible day at the office I would blow up from there. I'm a little less confident about the 1500 as it's likely to be solo but again, start with a plan to run 70s and anything south of 4.25 would be acceptable at this stage. It's a short hop to Battersea for the 5k. I definitely feel that a sub 16.30 is on the cards there as it's just hanging in at the start and just trying to hold form.

At this stage those time would be about right. I'm not sure how it looks after that as the biggest target of winter will again be the masters 5k and for the 1st time in 3 years trying to avoid cold/flu/covid.

The plan training wise is to adapt to the 5 day model and not look to push the distance.

I'll keep Tuesday / Thursdays as they have been and they are my bread and butter. Have to say the longer / easier tempo on Saturday with some 60/60s is the way forward for winter. Just relaxing at pace and building that to 6/7 miles is going to pay off. Long runs I do not need to go outside the 13-16 range unless I am racing and drop it shorter.

Strength work I need to stop being lazy and nail a gym day. If I can also add in 3 x plyos per week I think they should help bring speed on. My short work is masively lacking.

The only change I can see is possibly swapping Saturday out for some hill work to work on strength but I think that only needs to come when I start finding a plateau in form.

Right now I need to find out what shape I am in hence the race block!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Start of Torun Specific Block

Reboot - It's all about 2024