Winter 2024 - Week 1

Aaaand straight into winter training mode. Serious racing is done, it's all light now up until I prep for Masters 5k on December 1st. That again will be my winter main target. Also likely to be my last v45 race!

Plan this week is to train very hard up until I go away with the lads on Thursday and then just do whatever I can while I am away (it could genuinely be 0 miles lol)


Monday

Speed session 1. Legs ached today but I really wanted to make a start on this. Jogged to the cricket pitch and then 6 x 60m (95% effort) starting on 3 mins and then 4 x 120m (400m effort) off walk backs.

Felt really good and enjoyed it. Long old session for what it is but jogged back to cool down and 5.8 miles banked. This session is a must as is the 2 sessions and hilly long run. I need speed and strength.


Tuesday

Took the easy route today and just rested legs up. Pretty beat up from Sunday so rest and reload this morning.

Track pm. Andy & I paced Katie round for a session. Mile thresh, 4 x 400 @ 3k, mile thresh, 4x400 @ 3k. Alternate reps between me & Andy (2 laps on the miles)

5.46 - 77,76,76,74 - 5.40 - 77,76,75,70

Decent session banked. Straight after food out for Lolas birthday. Legs felt great but stomach was horrific.


Wednesday

Headed to lower mill and did 7 miles easy on the lake loop. Felt tired but was easy enough.


Thursday

Rest - travel to Majorca for lads weekend.


Friday

Off about 6 hours kip did 5 miles with AC & Griff. Picked up last 10 mins after we dropped AC off. Funny run, p[lenty of hills.


Saturday

Got an afternoon run in. 5 miles steady at 6.45/mm. Felt pretty horiffic tbf but to be expected out here!


Sunday

Rest, too hungover and travelling back


32.8 miles. Cutback week with a lads holiday. Hopefully not too much damage done. Plenty to build from lol




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Start of Torun Specific Block

Reboot - It's all about 2024