2016

So, 2016 was the year I was supposed to get closure on my last Ironman performance. I trained well, didn't have many issues in the build up and got some really good training banked. The bike was in great shape after a 1.57 50 mile TT and a completion of the Tour of Wessex, I was swimming well under the hour pace for open water in training and I'd run a 3.02 marathon off little run training. I was really looking forward to having a go at Austria.

We had always known that Ange's dad was terminally ill. We may possibly have to cancel everything at anytime in the build up should anything happen. We had made our peace with that possibly being the case. However, my mum passing away on the Monday 2 days before we were due to fly out was a bit of a shock. It was unexpected, and it hit us pretty hard as it bought home what we were going through with Anges dad. My father in law sadly passed away less than a month after my mum, on Ange's birthday of all days.

So for us 2016 has been a properly shite year all in all. It's been a tough time recently all round but one thing we have said is that we're determined to make the 2nd half of 2016 a bloody good one!

So I've entered a couple of races and a shit load of TT's. I'm going into them determined to enjoy them a bit. Anything we get from 2016 will be a real bonus. Roll on 2017.

RIP Mum & John xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo