Daz Does TT

Since the start of the year I have concentrated fully on the bike. To be blunt, I'm fed up with being average and if I can't ride a decent bike split then I will never get anywhere near page one of results in tri !!

So far this year I have ridden 3 x 10 mile TT's - all on shit courses or in shit conditions (22.37 on H10/8, 23.00 on e2/10 and 23.51 on e33/10). Power has risen from 217w NP on the first race to 240w NP on the last one. It's a decent progression but I'm still dissapointed off the winter I have put in. I'd hoped to be riding 250w-260w for 10s by now.

I also have 3 x 25's under my belt - 1.00:22 on the tough e1/25b, 56.19 on r25/3h and 55.17 on r25/3h. Power over 25 has been shocking - 201w, 216w & 215w.

The 55.17 was a 38 sec PB so not too shabby but I still finished thinking I could have gone a little faster. I was also 50th on the day as a pose to 63rd on my previous trip to Wales so again I'm moving forwards.

I'm not really sure why I'm struggling so much to get the power from my legs into the pedals. I've adjusted my position to slam the saddle forward and down a bit. I've also stacked up the front an inch. I'll keep testing that to see what differences I get. Next race on Wednesday at Bottisham I will probably stack up the front a touch to see if that has an effect on power. Failing that I will drop it low again as it actually felt more comfortable than the current position!

Finally I'll change the O-ring to go back to round. I'm not sure I get any benefit from it, I'm not getting faster or more powerful!

So it's a disapointing start to the year, I'd hoped to be much further forward than the last couple of years but it's work in progress. If I can stop dicking about with position then hopefully as I do more work I'll see better numbers!

The plan is much more sweet spot training, 2 sessions per week. Plus a midweek race to blow the cobwebs away and a race most weekends. Long easy ride and the rest will be z1-z2 stuff. Difficualt week this week with a trip away with work, Bottisham 10 then TOA on the weekend. I'll hopefully be much happier with my position by then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo