Dazman Version x.x

Positivity.  Finally a glimmer of hope. For the first time in a while I feel a sense of something good starting. Like a crack in a door there is finally some light.  And it fills my soul for the first time since I crept off the track in Torun.

First up, think I have a better idea of what's happening with my knee. Adductor is very tight and very sore and answers the question of why the interior of my knee aches. There is a chunk of light there and if I can loosen that off and work on that it's maybe just possible that I can get through a test run. The quad is loose and I've been obsessively looking there but the answer is much more likely to lie on the inside of my thigh. Put in the work on that and see how it results in coming back.

My core - as identified by Simon - my core is weak and letting me down. It's the one area I have neglected over all the years I have returned to sport.

And the cherry on the cake - my hamstrings - specifically the top insertions from the bottom of the glutes to the top of the hamstring are incredibly weak. Identified this by doing squats in the power lifting room. Proper squats - I have not done these for years, and at just 40kg I was causing serious damage to my legs. That is insanely weak (weaker than my tiny biceps). These are the points that POWER is generated completely explaining why my push off, top speed and hurdling are shite.

The positive news is that I have completely uncovered 3 areas that are very easily fixed and could unlock the door for big results.

OK, yes, I completely get that all 3 may be total bollocks and give me absolutely no return BUT all I ask is a chip and a chair. I fire on hope, I always have.

So for about the 54th time, a new dawn and a new version of Daz.

The rules - I fix these issues. I work what needs to be worked and train with more focus than ever. I stay dark. I only come back when I KNOW I will post up a proper result.  With possibilities on tap here I am happy to miss Dulwich and Mid Cheshire if they pay off as much as I think they will in the long term.

Soooo - Parkrun Saturday was fine. No issue whatsoever. Tried an easy hour on Sunday and boom, went at 17 mins.

Decided to leave it for a week or so. hit the gym, focus on squats and then stairmaster. Motivation has took a huge hit. Finally got to acceptance on Tuesday (today). Adductor weirdly feels absolutely fine but I'll resist the urge to test until Friday at least. Frustratingly it'll be a 2 and then 3 day test but main issue is making sure strength work has been taken care of.

Food is bad, I can't control that one. Weight not terminal - yet - but I can't face eating well until I am running and running free.

I also can't face running in tape, compression, heel lifts - it's fine or it is not.

Thursday now, it's a rest day today as I am going to attempt a run tomorrow. Food has gone south, cannot get a grip on that. Bored to shit as well lol !! Knee still no issue just imagined niggles. Not quite sure where I will stand if it doesn't go well this week. Plan is run tomorrow 30 mins easy then gym Saturday and try the hour on Sunday. If it's no good, I can't see how I come back from it as there is no indication of what it actually is other than something that's likely not in my knee.

Strength work - up to 40s on maintenance work and squatting 6 x 8 for 40. If it doesn't go well I'll probably push that up for strength and do 5 x 5 sets. 

Friday - run done. Jogged around 4.5 miles with strides. No issues on knee which is a bonus but that didn't stop it relapsing last time so ducks are not being counted ... yet. Best run test yet though and promising signs. Will try again Sunday and if that's a success then start back on Tuesday.

Saturday - gym. Build day, squats (2 x 5 (40kg) x 5 (50kg)) booty builder (5x5 (70kg) calfs (4 x 120kg). Some upper body work. Hard that, definately hit the spot! Lets hope it's aids running tomorrow for test 2.

If tomorrow goes well I'll call it a start back.

Sunday - on the beers last night. Headed to Milton P&R and then through the river path into town. 6 mile loop @ 8/mm never felt so good! 100% knee seems absolutely fine but quads pretty battered from gym work. From here it's hard just work and graft. Will focus on doing things completely right up until I am ready to enter a race. Once I'm back where I was it's time to move on.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Going Naked ... Again