Better late than never

Been a while since I blogged and that set's the tone for how training has gone really!

Just been trying to get some miles under my belt (30 per week running), get the swimming where it needs to be and try to maintain some cycle fitness.

Run wise, have been slowly increasing the pace and legs feel slightly better. Missed some conditioning when I first returned but backed up my opening 17.36 Park Run with a 17.37. The second one felt much better but being a tit I had forgotten my watch and had to run naked. Not without clothes, that would be mental (although wouldn't be a first), just without data. Which feels naked!

Not doing a lot of quality training but this week I'll run a bit harder with Sundays qualifier on the horizon.

The Anglian Standard this week and I'm desperate to go well. Reckon I'll need close to 2.10 to qualify which is a huge ask of my current training but I'll give it a go.

Bike wise I've bitten the bullet and bought a disc wheel. The Anglian course is nice and fast so I'll take all the advantage I can get. Long club run of 60 miles last Sunday was hard work but I've got a couple of good tempo rides in and I'll do some short fast work this week to tick over.

Swim has gone really well since I have got back into it properly. 3 sessions week 2 and 2 sessions including a Greenlight masterclass last night and I'm in pb shape! 6.29 for 400m was fantastic considering I blew myself to bits in the first 100. Followed up with a 1.25 for 100m and a 16. for 25m shows that the work is paying off. Still won't be great this weekend but I think a good solid winter working on the fundamentals and I should be ready to swim 32.xx for a half iron next season #touchwood. I've also bought a new wetsuit (2 actually, long story involving a useless website that shall remain nameless). Lets hope I can squeeze my kankles out of this one as it's what swallowed all my time in transition at Bedford and Outlaw!

So, all in all I'm in OK condition. Not 100% but to be fair across all 3 sports I'm as good as I have been. Lot more work to put in and it's always hard to settle into a routine as kids go back to school / start new activities / loose daylight but I'm busting my ass always!

Really missed out on Hyde Park last week, was amazing to see some of my pals competing in the Union Jack. The boys had mixed fortunes but they'll never experience a race like it. On the running front too everyone is starting to come into shape. Going to be a good winter and I'm in best shape ever to start it.

Looking forward to next couple of weeks racing, then got some good races in the calendar mixed up with some nice weekends with the family. First time ever the stars have aligned and training / racing / family mix seems to be about right!

September
Anglian Olympic Qualifier
Stowe Middle

October
Great East Run

November
St Neots Half Marathon

December
Buntingford 10
Ely 10k

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block