First Week Back

Nice to be back and slowly getting into the swing of the whole family-work-training merry-go-round that is life!

Couple of big races coming up soon so idea for the first week back was to take it easy and assess what shape I'm in.

Bike wise - did a hard 25 on Tuesday and club TT on Thursday. Managed to uncork a 27.50 on the TT which was a fair bit faster than I expected when I was sitting on a beach in Jamaica stuffing in ice cream and drinking Red Stripe! In pretty good shape by the looks of it but that TT felt a LONG way and don't think I could have gone nearly as well over a 25. Bike wise plan is to keep up the tempo rides and get some nice easy long base rides in to get me in good condition for end of Sep.

Swim - I didn't. One thing or another let the side down there but plan is to get up to 3/4 sessions a week. My swim is poor and even if I have to muscle a 1:45/100m pace swim then so be it! Did get a swim in on Monday this week though, not great but it's a start!

Run - 3 miles easy on Monday, 4.5 miles at 7:30/mm on Wednesday, 17:36 park run on Saturday and 13.6 miles @ 8:27/mm on Sunday. Happy days with the park run - in MUCH better shape than I expected off no training. Sundays run was horrible but legs were shot to bits after park run so good miles in the bag. Need to work hard at run to get it where it needs to be on the big races. Supposed to be my A game so just keep my head down and train hard.

So I'm really chuffed with bike and run shape. Lots to do on conditioning on both fronts but basically I just need to keep in shape by riding/running more often and throw the odd 100% session in.

Swim wise it's still shite nothing a bit of hard work won't cure.

Have ordered up a new wetsuit - been thinking mine was too small for me for a while so gone for a size up Zone 3 and be interesting to see how it feels in the water. Main concern was getting the bloody thing off though so hopefully my giant calves will slip out of this one nicely!

Also debating buying a disc wheel. Want to suck every possible ounce of speed out of the bike so just hoping that gives me some extra bang for buck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block