Standard

Last couple of weeks I finally feel like I've managed to hit a bit of form and it's no coincidence that I've had a nice routine going. The whole year I've always had something going on that's shifted things around. I've never settled into a routine and pretty much trained on the fly. I'm not looking for Iron hours but just getting the right sessions in at the right time seems to be working well.

I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking to this over the winter as it seems top be working.


Monday - 70 mins easy bike
Tuesday - am) swim pm) MP tempo run session
Wednesday - 90 mins bike with efforts
Thursday - am) swim pm) 10k tempo run
Friday - am) long swim pm) easy hour bike
Saturday - 90 mins long run
Sunday - 60 mile long easy bike

I'll probably use this all the way up to Challenge Paguera taper week to be fair as there is ample recovery time in there. Will the quality / volume I can afford to miss a day without being too far off side either. Happy days!

That's about 13 hours a week training which is more than enough for Sprint/Standard as well.

My swim fitness is coming. It's a slow process but if I can get my 1500m time down 10 secs a month over winter I'm not a million miles off where it needs to be. My bike fitness will improve with volume, I'm only a couple of minutes off where I need to be over standard and my run fitness is bang on. I can afford to stay where I am if the other times improve, I'm actually not looking to run faster just easier ;-)

Hunts AC 10k on Tuesday night which I'll use as my hard tempo run. The plan is close to 35 mins but anything below 35.30 will be acceptable as I don't want to ruin myself for the rest of the week. Going to be an 'interesting' race with all the big hitters in the club mad to win it and last years bad blood still boiling over!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo