T-3 weeks #chpaguera

Good solid weeks training last week. Only missed 1 easy bike but did do an extra run.

Pretty happy with the week but very tired. Sessions were not exactly as planned, Tuesday's run was better although still an easy session. Thursday tempo was only 5.59 avge for 10k but I held back with Dan for 3 (6.01, 6.03, 6.13) and did the other 3 (5.53, 5.51, 5.53) and felt good but still not like I could go loads quicker. Very tired bike Wednesday (19.4 avge and struggled into the wind) and a slow and heavy legged long run Saturday.

Have been a solid 3 weeks 1 day without rest so the plan for today is a rest day! Get plenty of water and good food in and try to recover and get back on it tomorrow.

The only difference this week is I will focus on 2 very hard bike turbo sessions (cheers Rich) as I'm lacking bike power.

Pretty happy with my swim right now. I'm getting the volume in OK and I think that's a big factor. I'm not getting quick but I'm finding it easier to get the distance up. From doing 1-2 miles per week last year I'm hitting 4+ miles regularly.

Bike volume has been great past couple of months. Races were not great but also not terrible so I know I'm in OK shape. If I can get sharper I think I can bike well.

Run is bang on what I need. I can't run fast(fast) as the leg conditioning is low on just 3/4 runs per week. However I am finding 6/mm runs pretty easy.

So what am I expecting at Paguera?

I think I should be capable of a 32 swim. Hopefully it's wetsuit but I'm comfortable for it to be non as long as it's not over distance!

Bike I am hoping to split around 2.25 which depends on how hard I push over the next couple of weeks. It's a big step up from Outlaw Half but I've done a lot of riding since then.

Run - hmmm it will be what it will be. I will go out hard and hopefully hang on. It's last race of the season so I'll hope that the old legs hold out for something respectable!

I think top 10 in AG is achievable. I've no idea how strong the field is to be fair but it would be nice to wind up the season with a bang!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block