Kona

First time I've ever opened the live stream for Kona and I have to say WOW. What an event. Looking at T1 it just looks insane.

Would love to go there one day to race but I think it's a long way down the line. As ever, it's a learning curve. My Iron PB is 11.48. Fair enough that's a million miles off where it needs to be in any Q race. I expected to go much quicker then but as long as I put the mistakes and lessons learned from Zurich into practice you have to believe I'll be a lot closer than I was!!

So, this week I've again focused on swimming. 7.9 miles in 4 sessions including a straight 5km on Wednesday and I am really feeling confident. Targets are starting to feel comfortable and I'm feeling like I can push on. These last 2 years I have basically targeted 2.5 - 3 miles per week swimming but keeping that consistent around 10k and I think I will really start moving forward in the water.

The target for Austria is 1.05 but realistically the dream target of 59.xx could happen.

The plan this winter is to make sure I'm only ever moving forward so ticking the sessions off that I am and improving is all that matters.

Running is always going to get hammered in the quest to improve the other 2 sports. At the moment I can plod out 7.30/mm which is close to what I need to. However, hovering around 20 miles per week just isn't enough. That needs to be 30 miles a week but I'm struggling to fit that in. I may actually toy with spending 1 week per month increasing the volume to maybe 50 miles just to keep the conditioning there. We'll see. Running fucking hurts !

Bike wise I had a lovely cafe run yesterday. 40 ish miles with a fry up. Happy days, the sun was out so it was a pleasure. Today I rode the TT bike, just an hour and just dicking about pushing some pace here and there. Felt strong, 190w avge and 200w NP for 23.2 mph. Nice to hold on to the FTP for another week ! Tomorrow will be an easy spin out for 5 miles. If it's solo I may take the TT bike again just to get done quicker but don't mind plodding the roady around.

So another week in the bag. Swim is getting closer to target, bike is holding and run is drifting out. Decent week, around 12 hours which I don't really want to go over until January. Need to keep fresh. I'm pretty happy I can train at this level and improve without running out of gas. I've felt fresh all week even swimming Weds night and 6am Thursday.

Next week, will drop the big swim to 4km and do some more running. Bike wise I'll go back to strength and need to hit the gym.

Just re-read and fuck me this is a boring blog! Oh well, If IM race day is boring and goes to plan I'll be well happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo