The Lurgy

After a decent Cambridge Half (1.22:48) for my current fitness I have started a new (coached) regime. After 3 /4 months of solid training without any issues the last 2 weeks has been 'interesting' to say the least!

First week, I hit every session set barring one run session. That was due to work overrunning but I had absolutely criminal DOMS from the race on Sunday. Happy days, 13 hours banked with a 3.45 turbo on Saturday morning.

By the weekend though I felt a sore throat coming on.

Monday of this week felt much better like I had dodged a bullet, nailled all the sessions through Thursday mornings swim but Thursday I feltproper dog shit. The lurgy had landed. Thursdays run session was binned off and both sessions on Friday as I dosed myself to the eyeballs on lemsip hoping to flush the dreaded lurgy out of my system.

Saturday morning plan was a 4 hour ride. I set alarm for 5.15 and woke up feeling a bit throaty - not too bad - but 2 degrees outside I made the call to turbo it and leave the group ride alone.

I was debating what I should do and ended up plodding out 3 hours at 153W (0.75% IF) so a good session. I felt OK but certainly wasn't 100% so felt calling the session early was right.

This morning woke up and felt much better although coughing up blood (think it was just from hacking up) put paid to this mornings 90 min run.

I will swim later - it's just an easy session and just hope tomorrow is another day and this shit is out of my system (or at least well on the way).

I've actually been feeling pretty much bang on in terms of cycling and swimming. Monday night I banged out 18 100s in 1.30 avge which I pretty much best session I've done. Nailled a good TT session Tuesday so the numbers are climbing and running in slowly returning.

Fingers crossed this is the end of sick season, I really want to start pushing on with the training and 8 hour weeks are not exactly where it's at lol

Got plenty of questions about the new training, it all seems very well structured and if anything a little light however if i miss sessions for shit like this happening what's best to do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo