Sssshhhhh

Don't tell anyone, I think I'm going to try and go Iron distance again next year. Let's hope this time it goes a bit more to plan than last time :/

Biggest problem this year on reflection is not really having a goal other than to ride quick. And I had more shitty days that good ones and being shit in bad conditions just made things worse an pilled the pressure on.

So, new year - new plan. I'd actually fancied trying more sporting and quiet TT's next year rather than the usual drag strips like E2. DC racing is just getting a bit too sketchy. I've started doing a bit more running this week - well, run walking and it's actually going better than I though. Pace is down to sub 8/mm and I'm knocking out 25-30 mins with a few stops and no calf issues thus far.

So, I've got Ventoux next week and then holiday and that takes me up to September. The plan will be to build up the running to 90 mins steady with the aim to hit Peterborough half and see where that puts me. If I can fight off the niggles I'd fancy next season being OK run wise and something around 80 mins being realistic before end of this year.

Bike wise, I've been reading up and I think a good solid base of Z3 work (Topps style) on the turbo for few hours a week should actually be what's needed. That low tempo / volume work really works for me run wise and the reality is that for Ironman if I could handle 200w for the bike that would be a pretty good split.

Swim - pah I'll wait until bike & run is back on track beforeI consider that !! May even knock out an early season duathlon! Don't hold me to that :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo