World Champs

The irony of today is that I'm going to watch the World Champs in London but I seem to have put my back out last night and can't run !!

Frustrating as I was going to run last night and just knobbed it off to head out this morning :/

Off to Ventoux on Wednesday, should be a good few days strength work but just hopinh now I can get on a bloody bike!

The z3 work is going well. 3 x hour so far this week and feeling easier every time. The plan is to track progress. First few sessions between 160-165w and I'm hoping to get up to 180w for same RPE on the turbo. This does translate to an extra 20w on the roads so an hour at 185w is a good session as my FTP is only 220w. I'm building these up, no mad panic as it looks like Sweden will be my logical Ironman Choice and I reckon 180-200w will be a really good bike split round there.

Booking a late season Ironman does throw my head a bit. I don't want to burn out early so it's managing build and recovery that's going to be key. Obviously I want to be strong on the bike but hopefully building z3 up till 20 weeks out won't take much out of me. I have to learn to swim again and hopefully the run-back will continue. Bit frustrating today but that's old age. I will keep plodding until I start running sub 7.15 pace for same effort as now and that's my trigger to start lifting things.

Mentally still very tired. Lots going on at work and home and just not getting the consistency I'd like. Saying that feel much better having a plan now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo