Coming Together


Every day am starting to feel a little closer to being 100% recovered. I feel a lot fitter than I thought I would but I guess keeping a lid on everything then I should!

I'm at the stage where I previously got to - the knife edge between starting to run well and pushing too much and getting re-injured. If it happens again, I really only have myself to blame.

Really positive news looking at track racing returning to almost normal levels from June so I have absolutely ages to get everything where it needs to be.

I have made some significant changes, hopefully these take me as far as I would like to get. Things I have not taken seriously before - like recovery, strength &  nutrition - those are starting to pay off.

This week I have done a lot of very slow shakeout runs, these are building the conditioning. I can slowly feel that foundation coming together. Don't get me wrong (I know DC is reading this!!) - I am not putting out any quick sessions yet BUT it's starting to feel like I actually could.

My focus now looking at timings has shifted to track. It's pointless trying to get 5k fit, there aren't any races coming up and it'll only slow down my speed work development. Getting those calfs ready for speed work is going to be critical. 

Always a boost in the arm when the weather picks up plus this lock down finally looks like it's coming to an end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block