Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur

After really pushing the envelope with my body the inevitable happened on Tuesday - a calf pull. Not a real tear this time, I caught it just in time (I think) but nonetheless a strain. Tried running again today but it's still tight. Looks like the mighty return will be delayed until Saturday at least now.

Cause is maybe doing weights Monday night but I have been running with a tight calf for a while hoping it would settle. It was a shock that it didn't go on Sunday tbf !

I should be more frustrated than I am. In all honesty it's like building a house. I know it's going to come good but it's painfully slow progress. As far as I can tell the calf - the left side - is tight but once that's gone I don't have any old issues hanging over me. Nothing to stop me then !

Phase 1 is always return to pain free running. I cannot believe how long it's taking to get there. It's getting on 3 months now, a return from a stressy would be quicker. 

I am quietly confident tat it will come good, but in honesty I have made peace with the fact it may never happen. Perhaps this is it. I can't know for sure, all I know is I'm not enjoying hobbling about and I'm not going to push on until it's ready.

Amazing really to think that I was running 30 odd miles at 6.30 avge not that long ago. Right now 8s are a struggle. I do see some people return real quick and wonder why I can't but it is what it is.

I'll try and run again Saturday, if that goes OK I'll try and return to 'normal' from Sunday.

Still nothing on the horizon. Phase 1 I usually get through at some stage, that's critical right now. Shame as weather has been good but patience at my age is a must.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo