Hear the drummer get wicked

Finally, finally banked a full week of training last week.

36 miles - all nice and easy base runs. Avge pace just over 8s which at thios stage is not concerning. The main fact is that nothing fell off !!

Today, back out the door for an easy 5.5 and it felt really good. Finally starting to get rolling with no real issues which is a first for months. Fingers crossed no set backs just keep building that engine and the plan is to spice it up once March starts.

Training is all easy right now, not even doing strides so there is zero attachment to pace whatsoever. Obviously that's not ideal BUT if I can keep going I'll introduce them at the end of a few runs in a couple of weeks.

No eyes on racing, I'm still in phase 1 and i'm not rushing anything. I would hope that I can build up the time on feet to 50+ miles over the next couple of weeks. Whereas 4 miles felt plenty I could easily have gone 6 or 7 today. Just a shame the trails are so crap with this weather.

Sticking to the Vomeros too, they are really helping the legs. Now I need to start getting the Normatecs on every evening and getting some recovery in.

Weight isn't bad - 10 st 10 yesterday so hoping to get below 10 7 before any faster stuff starts.

Decent place to be, possibly the first time I have been positive for ages. Just need to keep going for the next couple of weeks and then I can start looking to step it up and plan for a return to action.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo