Just for DC

Cool pic from last weekend, shame I ran so bad !!

Can't believe I didn't mention you last week bud ??!! Get a Park Run seasons best this week and I'll give you another one next week ;) To be fair, DC is probably the only person who ever asks me how I am doing. For some reason, I think everyone else always assumes I'm 100% buzzing all the time.

Finished last week with some kind of bug in my system. Completely wiped out Sunday. Rest Monday and fingers crossed ready to roll on Tuesday.

I really need a boost now going into proper races. I know I am fit, I just can't seem to get out of the rut. If you can call low 17s a rut then I guess it's not a bad spot!

Planning to do some strength run work to address the stamina element over the next few weeks. I have a solid block of races happening planning to do Watford 3000m, County 5000m and then Southern League 3000m. Between those there's a good chance I should run in to some form!

Focus right now is on recovery from illness and recent training. If I can start feeling good again I should bank a solid block of training. I am away Friday to Monday in Barcelona but I'll plan training around that. This week is very much about feeling good again running and I've definitely been up and down last couple of weeks so it'll be nice to get that feeling of being relaxed and in control going again.

OK, so this week my heads gone a bit. It's funny how quick it can all change. One minute you're ticking off sessions and pinging and the next you feel like it's all going to shit.

Last weekend I knew something was up. Really tired Friday. Fell away on Saturday at Park Run. Felt tired Sunday. As ever, I started thinking something has to change and set about a crazy training plan ripping up everything I had been doing.

I ended up resting Monday. Then Tuesday started on the new plan. Needless to say the first session was terrible and I folded an attempted progression run really early having never got on top of it.

Had to give myself a talking to after that. If things are not going well you have to try to get back on track, not change trains !!

So after that I decided to look back at what sessions and runs I actually enjoy doing. Do more of that, get back feeling good and running well and then adjust upwards from there. I'm also sacking off the Garmin until I'm happy with running again. I just need to feel relaxed.

Yesterday I did the old coke club with Rich & Wayne. No Garmin just nice easy relaxed running. Couple of miles in beforehand too just to get my long run in for the week and started to feel better. 

Today I am back on the treddy doing my favorite session. I'm actually feeling pretty cool about it all again and ready to get back in to the groove. Big June coming up with about 7 or 8 races !!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo