Run focus

Well, the combination of cold weather, icy roads, children, in-laws, busy work, cough & CBA have meant that December has become a bit of a run focus month.  And by run focus I mean cracking out a few steady 5 milers!

In fairness pace has been pretty handy - 6:30/mm for most of my runs feeling OK and I did manage a 15 miler with Dan on Sunday but really have not done enough.  But fair do's could be worse, DC has had his first injury for about 1,000 years and Mr T is coughing his lungs up every 5 mins.

No frostbite on Sunday, laughed that one off when I saw the flooding at Hinchingbrook.  My swimming is OK but don't fancy drowning in dogshit on a Sunday morning so ran with the Monkey boy from Buckden.  Monkey is flying at the minute and had the feeling I was beeing half wheeled pretty much all the way round.  Longest run for donkeys and felt like it did some good (legs felt fucked today and that's the general guage).

Good swim on Thursday.  Running late as usual and had to visit Andy so snuck in a 30 min pool session and just knocked out a 1600m.  29:37 for the mile - I'll take that and a bit of a neggy split in there too!  Will try and do some swimming this week as that's going ok.

Fuck knows whats happened to my little group.  We have been decimated at the minute.  The thought of running reps at the moment fills me with dread, plan for Dec is to keep knocking out the 5-8 miler is low 6.30's until they are knocking on the door of 6's.   Then I can slack off the easy runs in Jan and try and do some more biking to build the strength up.  Have not done anything but mess about with screws on the bike for a month, should probably at least go and stroke it once a week!

Dec is usually a bit of a pants month with crimbo and illness but we'll see what happens over the next week up to the big day.  I'll hopefully get in the saddle, long run and a tempo 8 in there somewhere but saying that will probably sit on my big fat arse eating chocolate and crisps. Merry Christmas haha !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo