November scores on the doors

Swim - 6:30.09 - 8.11 miles
Bike - 10:53.47 - 201.44 miles (18.5 mph)
Run - 13:10.56 - 107.5 miles (7.21/mm)

32:44 total training time.

Last couple of weeks beset with illness (chronic manflu) but still managed a fairly decent average and 30+ training hours.

Highlights -

Swim
By far the most improved discipline.  Still shit but not as shit as before.  Double usual volume and knocked out 3 sub 1.40 100m.  Need to keep this up there as I am enjoying splashing about in the lido.  Would be nice to try for a 1.28 100m before the years out as Mr T managed that and he's REALLY shit haha!

Loads of time on tri-talk and youtube has helped here, hand entry & catch are coming along.  Push and kick to follow then I'll be all over the mother fucker.

Bike
Done OK on the turbo till mid-November when manflu kicked in.  Now I will be back on the hardcore spinervals and intervals in the cave.  Too fucking cold now to go outdoors, not even run weather let-alone bike weather.  Jezobel has new handlebars BUT need to put the longer stem on so I can get in full 'gooch' perching mode. Feel the burn.  She looks good so I am naturally much faster without doing anything.

Good 30 mile hill ride @ 19.9 mph to show the engine is there and a 68 mile long un with Mr T when weather was better.  OK month, 200 miles is not 400 but I am keeping the speed there and a couple of bike focus months when weather is good and I'll start smashing it.

Run
GUTTED not to be racing yet.  3 DNS in a row due to manflu BUT my 8 mile TT is reaping rewards and I am keeping consistent 6.15 ish sessions in for good HR returns.  The engine is there.  Need to get back on the road reps, long runs and keep the 8 mile session up.  Once that is sub 6/mm I am killing it and I am not far off.

So happy days, considering I have been ill things are progressing.  Bike will always drop off in winter but as long as I get 2 quality turbo sessions in a week I will not drop too much bike fitness.  Swimming is always going to be poor but I am not a million miles off the pace if I can knock ou 1.45s and I did 10 x 100 off 2 mins at that so we are progressing nicely.

This last week was shite.  Did a few good swims but running was poor except tonights 8 miles @ 6.13 pace feeling ok on slippery pavements.  Back on it next week with 10+ hours fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo