On track (but not on the track)

Nailed it is all I can say about this week. The first time I have set a consistent week in motion and hit pretty much all targets. The week panned out like this...

Monday
(am) Bike 12 miles (pm) run 8 mile @ 6:37/mm
Tuesday
(am) Swim 1.8km (10x100 1:37 avge) (pm) 1 hour Turbo
Wednesday
REST
Thursday
(am) 9.5 mile run (lunch) 1 hour swim (3.1km) (pm) 45 min TT + 30 stretch
Friday
(am)42 mile bike
Saturday
(pm) 20 min run (6:28/mm)
Sunday
(am) 58.5 mile bike (pm) 35 min run


Bike - 8hr20 - 148 miles
Swim - 3.05 miles
Run - 25 miles - 3 hours

Total (inc. core) 13hr 39mins

So the only downside was I didn't hit 30 running miles BUT forgot to take my kit to work Wednesday, and Saturday due to an emergency I could only run 20 mins.

Highlights - 1 hour straight swim for 3.1km feeling easy. Absolutely over the moon with this. 150 odd miles of cycling - right where it needs to be and believe me it was fucking windy out there on both rides and worth much more distance on a calm day. Running pace was 7:05/mm feeling pretty comfortable, again right where it needs to be (just need to do more).

So this week - big race on Sunday - Ely hardriders 25 mile TT. A real test for me to see where my biking is at. Aim to be 21.x mph fingers crossed but will see what happens. Run focus - get a long run in (16+) and a good solid weekly 8. No room for track work again, just cannot focus on it as it doesn't fit my schedule. Swim technique Monday and iron out the floors with my catch. Get swimming down in the 1:4x pace for longer distances and 1.3x for intervals (300 & 400s).

Ironman volume helps, don't need to smash another 13-14 hour week out just keep consistent with all 3 disciplines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo