Bang on form

After the Outlaw the old bones held up pretty well. I wasn't that tired from the race, just the sparrow-fart-o-clock wake up and a grumbly achillies. Wanted to hang about after the race with this fella who podiumed but I had to put some money into the emotional piggy bank as this fella says!

So back to Center Parcs, bowling with the family and then packed ready to go home. Interesting issue with the bike rack that Halfords fitted almost resulted in catastrophy and did result in one shit, hardly used ladies MTB sitting lonely next to the M1 waiting for a new owner. I guess you could call it fly tipping but really someone just got a free bike. As this fella says, people will start following me round as I discard Oakley sunglasses and bikes all over the place! this fella will be using that as ammo when he reads this for my frivolous lifestyle!

Destroyed an OK burger (the first of the week) on the way home. And by destroy I mean ate it like a stray dog eating hot chips, I was famished. Anyone who races longish distance will know the effects of basically eating nothing but sugar for 3 hours previous then 5 hours during a race leaves ones guts hanging out. I didn't much fancy lunch and by the time I had 'emptied' the sugar into each of Center Parcs public facilities I was marvin. Burger destroyed we headed home and I slept like a boss.

Monday wound up a rest day, was busy at work and achillies pretty sore.

Tuesday attempted a lunchtime run and basically slogged out 8 miles at about 8.15 pace depending on how far I added to my lying, cheating bastard long reading Garmin. Got home and decided that it would be nice to do an easy bike. Headed out into a fierce headwind for 12 miles then turned on the GBW. Long story short turned off one junction too early and arrived at Bar Hill. In near dark. Rode a lap of Bar Hill expecting it to go somewhere. Arrived back at Bar Hill a bit darker. Thought fuck it and rode a junction of the A14. At about 247mph. Rode fast home to get back before the milkman got up to do his round. Slumped off bike pretty fucked, 32 miles @ 19.5mph avge. Decent training day though ;)

Wednesday agreed to race Peterborough 5k. Why on earth I don't know. Had a meeting in Nottingham about 8 feet from where I raced on Sunday and was shagged when I got home and my achillies hurt. Great idea to race then. Picked up this fella and headed to Peterborough before we realised neither of us had bothered to look at where or when we were supposed to be racing. Registered almost dead last, touched toes and bang. Decided 18 mins would be a huge ask. 18.40 is 6/mm and I would have given free blow jobs at the start if that had been offered. Start too quick as usual and hang into a group of old timers. 5.26 first mile and were ahead of schedule. Regret announcing I would be giving out blowjobs if I broke 6/mm. Work hard with a littler fella from C&C and we go pretty well. Reel off the next couple of miles at about 5.36 pace and were sprinting for the line. I kind of make out like I'm happy to settle behind the 2 blokes I'm with then embarrass myself by appearing to try to out kick them whilst actually going slower than when I was letting them win #epicFail

Over the line in 17.12 which predictably came in at 17.13 on the official results so massive effort there. Over the moon with that. Evenm more over the moon with OK burger number 2 and giggling like a naughty schoolboy with this fella ;)

Thursday went to Jesus Green for a swim. Plodded up and down 22 times for 2.1km. Yawn. Then even more stupidly I had agreed to meet Dan (no blog to link to this time) for a 10 mile tempo. Won't bore with the details but slow start, hard work, tactial piss, more hard work, flies, tactical shit (from Dan), more flies, 1:06 for 10 miles. Chuffed to bits with that as it was harder than the race. I was absolutely fucked, so I got a kebab on the way home as a well done prezzie.

Friday decided I needed to re-familiarise my gooch with the razor blade that is my TT saddle. Set off on Jezzy for a spin and felt the wind off the bat. Was behind for first 12 miles and averaged 22.5mph by the silo turn to Gamlingay with not too much effort. The rest of the ride is a blur of wind and slow riding but got home to see I had taken a KOM from a local celebrity #happyDays 24 miles at 21.7mph feeling pretty OK and in that wind happy to call a HIM tempo ride.

Today did a swim at Parkside. Stomached 1600m before getting kicked in the bollocks by breast strokers and overtaking whales floating on their backs in the fast lane got the better of me. I actually stood up after failing to overtake 2 aside back wobblers and questioned 'did anyone in this fucking pool swim on their front???'. Oh, and I saw 3 times people swimming the wrong way in the lane. FFS how difficult is it. If only I hadn't been so fucking lazy and woke up for my lake swim! Then before cinema trip with the boys stuck an easy 5 miler in that the pace police would have thrown me in jail for.

Great week training, loads of quality for me in there and long ride tomorrow. Just got to close the month out like this and who knows, this Ironman thing might be taking shape after all.

If you hadn't noticed I am pitching the blogs of Mr Turner and Mr Connell here, worth a read! I am considered 'entertaining' apparently which I guess means I am shit but humorous whereas they are quite good (but boring) !


Fast lane swimmer at Parkside

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo