T-minus 5 weeks

Pretty shite week this week. Have felt pretty knackered recently with training & work getting on top of me. Still managed to knock out a 7 day week with some highlights but overall I am fucked.

Monday - managed a steady 6 at about 6.55 pace. Felt alright, nothing to write home about and set the standard for the week!

Tuesday - 4 miles with Andy around the wildlife park. First together run since his heart attack so was never going to be a 180bpm tempo! Evening had an open water masterclass with Adam @ Greenlight. Brilliant session, learnt loads and loads and if you wan't any pointers I'm going secret squirrel and yuo'll have to get your own lesson booked in!!

Wednesday - 8 miles at work. Fuck me that was slow and I felt awful. Maybe poor diet, maybe half ill whatever happened it was not pretty!

Thursday - Ride to TT with Kye & Dan and TT. 30 miles on the bike and absolutely smashed Abbotsley on a wet course! 27.55 for a big PB and first sub 28. Really happy with that. Went off quick, saw Ade up ahead who decided to rip his gear leaver off before the race reducing himself to a double speed (10 & 20)! Got to the turn well then worked it hard to Tetworth. Poor hill and recovery to Waresley (where I went round the corners like Bambi on ice). Smashed it home, 28-30 all the way and a big smile. Dan & Ade monstered it with Dan getting an impressive sub 30 andKye rode a sub 30 on his debut. Ride home nice and easy #happydays.

Friday - stressful and long day at work. Rode 24 miles on the bike buit it was windy and my head wasn't in it.

Saturday - hit Jesus Green and swam pretty well. 2.4k feeling pretty good, be nice to increase that over time to the full 3.8k. Did an easy 4 @ 6.55 pace in the evening.

Sunday - 10.5 with the lads first thing @ 6.55 pace (it was bloody windy) and then I added another 2.5 when I got home. Fuck me that was slow - to go to the shops. 42 min on the turbo in the evening.

Not pleased with that at all. Running has been up and down, cycling good but need to keep volume up. Swim is improving.

Think what's pissing me off is feeling so tired. Maybe need a rest day or maybe need to sleep more and eat better. Think I'l have a go at all 3 and see what happens. This is peak Ironman training and I need to get my hours in !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo