I'm on form....must be time for a niggle

So last night, feeling good about an honest days training my knee starts to feel achey on the inside. Sleep it off but this morning it's there again, dull ache which means only one thing. Swim day!

Hit Abbey pool with my 2nd set of goggles - the type of cheap shitty speedos that you buy when they have nothing else available and you've forgotten your good ones. These goggles are like the glasses on the bus driver in the Harry Potter films. They basically suck my eyeballs out for the session whilst simultaneously letting in more water than the actual available space.

Decide on a session of 16 x 100 off 2 mins and continue to do 400, 300, 200, 100, 100, 200, 300, 400. Even this gets fucked up as I do a 250 and a 450. Pace is shocking, it's like I'm doing the swimming equivalent of the running man. But another 2k bagged. No warm up, no drills. Like a boss.

Decide against the planned ride today, will try that tomorrow if the knee is better and just spend tonight stretching and rolling. And probably eating shit like last night (5 bags of crisps, whole pack of jammie dodgers and 4 baby bells) #WTF

Decided after my bike fit to realign my cleats on my new shoes. After looking at them they were properly fucked up and I mean ALL over the place (1 forward and pointing inward, 1 back and pointing outward). Also, possible reason for my knee complaint but who knows.

So, went to un-tighten the screws and basically 4 of the 6 were threaded. Ummed and ahhed all evening about what to do and today decided (after having the drill out) that I would hacksaw it to pieces. Long story short, was a pain in the arse but now sorted and I have a clean pair of shoes. Just waiting for another new set of cleats to come from Wiggle and I'm good to go (and a knee rehab)

Training volume going alright at the minute. Still need to raise the long run in prep for the marathon but it's coming together. Cycling I'm happy with, swim got to invest more time but starting to feel easier and run is run. Always going to smash that up ;)


My spare goggles
 

Me going postal on my cleats

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo