Cambridge Half

What a difference a year makes. A Year ago I ran the Cambridge Half on a freezing cold morning and smashed my calves to pieces #ouch

Yesterday I ran the Cambridge Half in glorious sunshine and topped off a 30k long run with legs feeling fresh and strong #happydays

Back still isn't 100%, took an awful long time to settle yesterday but when it did at 10-11 miles I settled into a nice rhythem and felt good. Splits for yesterday race were - 6.51, 6.44, 6.46, 6.24, 6.32, 6.25, 6.31, 6.31, 6.25, 6.23, 6.19, 6.06, 6.08 - nicely progressive.

1.25 for a training run and pretty much breathing down the neck of DC - well, maybe not!!

Poor old Mr T had to watch from the sidelines. Been there, having to watch everyone else slog their guts out when you're desperate to race. No fun that and I'm sure he was a bundle of joy all afternoon !

Legs felt #awesome (to steal DC's catch phrase) like I say - once the back had eased off. I have another session with Steve B on Tuesday where he'll basically rape me and leave me crying in the corner like a baby. Anything to get this back sorted though - starting to piss me off now. I'm slow enough and don't need any help to get slower - mother nature seems to love doing that!!

Would call tat marathon pace and I'll use same strategy for London. 2.50 target with opening half in 1.26 so I can play catch up the whole 2nd half of the race. I'll dial that target down as I get fitter.

Not much swimming last week but 100 bike miles in the bag which is first time I've been on target for donkeys. Starting to cost money again so better ramp up the biking!

Swim still shit. 1 good session, 1 bad session. Will hit the pool this afternoon and hope that eases me back into the old routine.

Still sweating on the roll down. John Webb you've had a week to take the spot or withdraw #shitorgetoffthepot please!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo