Falling to Pieces

Long time no blog (why does every blog post ever written by anyone always start with this!!!)

I guess the story version of this blog is eat, sleep, train, family holiday, work, tired, can't recover, long run, swim loads, don't swim at all, moan, eat, drink, sleep more, moan more, some training, not enough training aaaaaand repeat!

Yup, I'm sure anyone that knows me will know the roller coaster that is my sporting career is back on the bottom! However, before DC has to get me on suicide watch I'm keeping positive as there are still good things happening and we are not finished just yet!!

I must admit I am sick of hearing myself bemoan my own bad fortune / laziness / mojo etc. etc. The latest things to make me even more Meldrew than normal are my feet swelling up on holiday due to some random virus (week off training) and pulling a muscle in my back on Saturday while doing that strenuous activity of sitting on my arse!!

Admittedly that arse is starting to give J-Lo a run for her money after 2 weeks stuffing burgers in my big gob in Florida but hey, it's got to be worth a few extra watts on the bike!

So, new bike arrived (read last blog post) and had her set up properly on Friday. Went to see Bam at Tri Sports in Letchworth - set me up perfectly last time. Started off in not to bad a position and by the end dialled in a cracking one (literally going by my back). I always prefer a comfortable ride over aggressive as I run pretty decent off the bike and as much as I love Abbo it's always going to be tri that gets the nod. Bike fitness actually feels pretty good considering I've done fuck all so I'll start addressing that now and put in some proper hours rather than just looking at it and hoping because it looks good it has to be fast!

Swim is coming back after doing zero in Feb. 10 x 100 off 2 mins in 1:35 eased me back in and a nice #SS session with Mr Turner on Sunday has given em a bit of confidence that spending more than 10 mins a month in the pool will see me pulling way in front of him again in no time. I still can't believe he's swam quicker than me all last year #hecantswim

Run has been all over the shop. Even more than usual. #PrestonPace is somewhere between 7/mm and 9/mm at the minute depending on how much agony my body is in. Since I got back from Florida I have no idea how I've managed 2 good long runs (18 + 20) and basically been a cripple between those runs. Fingers crossed I'll start actually reaping the benefit of (a) those long runs and (b) my base fitness at some stage and start being able to do tempo runs soon. Sod it, I'd like to actually do an easy run at 8/mm in fact!!

So, I'm in pretty shit state. If I had to guess my fitness I'd say 6:15 400m swim shape, 3:00 marathon shape and 29:30 Abbo shape. Obviously we're not flying here but starting to feel that things can only get better and a bit of form can only be round the corner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo