A bit of time trial fun on F2/10 CAM & E2/25

So this week I have started back training more 'normally'. Whatever that is in my life!

Wednesday night I decided to try the Team Cambridge 10 mile TT on the Harwick - Cambourne - Madingley - Hardwick course. I started out too hard but was holding decent power and speed at the first turn. I knew It would be fast back but lack of fitness caught up with me and I was pretty much cooked by Madingley. I held it together for a 21.41 official but it could have been much quicker if I'd have had the upper end strength for the fast parts.

On to today, an early a.k.a dog shit o'clock start on E2/25 for what looked like a float day. By the time I hit the dual carridgeway I knew it wasn't a float. A decent cross wind made it heavy going out. Despite my best time to the turn (25.3 avge) I knew I wouldn't be able to fly home like last year. I was struggling already. My power meter went spaz at half way so data is unreliable but I wasn't holding enough speed on the fast drags. The last 5 miles were pretty bad and I knew I'd loose time on anyone around me. Stopped the clock on 56.48. The time isn't a disaster but shows how much work to do. Luckily for me it's a bit of everything that's missing. Conditioning from steady miles and high end from efforts. On a fairly tough day that's not a terrible return but against people I compete with it's way down. Karl H and Ian D had great rides and put truck loads of time into me. Wasn't even close today.

So bit of a mixed bag really. My cycling isn't in disaterous shape and there are plenty of time & races left this season but I really have to lift things up a notch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo