Planning and Niggles

Last 3 weeks now I have managed a nice bit of consistency in my training.

The main thing has been nailling two sessions per week - some 400s (ish) oin Tuesdays and 5k tempo on Saturday.

I've mixed and matched the sessions with track, road and treadmill BUT in an ideal world I'll keep as much to track as possible.

Treadmill wise I have narrowed down the difference between track and the mill for the 5k session. My last 3 weeks I have had - 

5k treadmill - 5.06/mm - 155 bpm - 323w 

5k track - 5:38/mm - 170 bpm - 345w

5k treadmill - 5:33/mm - 160 bpm - 337w 

The last session v first one was Zwift v Garmin. On the last one my time was 15.23 v 15.48 BUT I kept going until the Garmin hit 5k so the 5.33 pace was pretty accurate based on power whereas the first one was far too easy (155 bpm !!)

My 400m reps (ish) the target is to hit 5k pace, 3k pace and 1500m pace switching weeks. Again, treadmill pace is far too slow so I will hit these at around 21 kmph when I repeat on treadmill for 1500m pace.

Mileage is sitting around 35-40 per week which is fine. This week I have had a niggle (sciatic nerve issue most likely) causing some knee locking but that seems to have settled down.

Again, big thing is easy & steady run pace picking up. Easy is very much just under 7/mm and steady should be 6.15 and I'll test that tomorrow. Easy was 6.40 a couple of days ago so starting to feel like it did late last year.

It's now I start to think about progress BUT I really want those reps and 5k tempos to hit 69 for 400 and 6.30 at true tempo. It's easy to add miles but i really want to be running low very comfortably again before I move up.

Next races up are 1500 (possibly 800m/400 double) and the mile. I could go 5000m on the SAL I guess but not too sure. I won't chase again until I can bound over barriers again with clear daylight there. I'm working on that !!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo