Comeback Kid

2 days rest since the tight glute and out today for a very gentle 8.5 with Mike & Ed. Splits show a nice gentle start and finishing comfortable - 9.07, 8.23, 7.52, 7.52, 7.12, 7.34, 7.42, 7.46, 7.37 pace.

No pain in the back side, really happy with that obviously and now hopefully can get 3 good sessions done over the weekend to build myself up for next Wednesday's 5k.

Aim for tomorrow is a good solid 6 in the 6.40's. Saturday track session and Sunday 1hr 35 long run @ 145 bpm so comfortable.

Still planning to start at pb pace on Wednesday - 5.20 first mile and see what happens. Not shit or bust, if it's not happening I'll back off to 5.3x pace and see how we go.

June was a strange month. So many things went against running and started the month with a horrible 18.04 5k but finished up with a 17.11.

162 miles (2nd lowest this year)
7.26/mm (3rd quickest)
21 hours total training

I have got myself into a position where I'm not a million miles off being properly fit, now is the time to take another big chunk off and get myself real close. I know my weakness currently is endurance and my strength is speed. Keep working hard on the track work and slowly increase the miles. It's consistency that I am lacking so aim for July is to keep the miles up towards 50 pw.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo