Torn glute - pain in the arse

Glute was very tender last night, after the recovery run it seemed to pull up and was very painful just sitting and walking. Did some foam roller and stretching / icing but still not great although did improve a little.

Went to work today and left it alone, even swerved the planned swim. Had to miss track tonight which is my key session of the week and has been keeping me going recently. Bit annoyed but half a bottle of red cured that !!! Arse feeling less tender as today has gone on, have not stretched yet but I'll do some rolling before bed and smear the area in ibru gel !

Big race for me next Wednesday and after the Eye 5k I have to think that something close to a pb should be on. If I can get back running comfortably by the weekend then it's all a-o-k. If not, maybe re-asses goals and just aim to run close to what I did at Eye. You can't expect to run pb's off 4 days a week training !!!

Conference in London tomorrow so I guess the schedule will look something like this up until Wednesday week (assuming everything is perfect with the glute)...

Wed - 5 HR test
Thu - 8 easy 140 bpm
Fri - 6 steady (7:30 -> 6:20)
Sat - 3 x 1k flat out
Sun - 12 easy/steady
Mon - REST
Tue - 6 inc strides & drills

Low mileage, easing into the race as I want to run as quick as I can. This is assuming I can run tomorrow which at the minute feels like will be fine. Feels more tight than broken but tomorrow will let me know where I stand.

Either way need to find out whats wrong and eventually get to the bottom of it (boom boom)!

Bit annoyed I can't get any real value cross training done at the minute but I need to concentrate on the running. If I can run free the big picture is I am only 72 seconds off my aim over 5k on a shite course. That's touching distance !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo