LSR

Wow, for a triathlon blog theres not a lot but bloody running in here!! Was supposed to have my debut triathlon at the Pactrac event in Peterborough tonight but the missus going out has koiboshed that idea!!

So todays LSR - 1:35 easy @ 141 bpm today. Pace came out as 8:09/mm and 1144 beats per mile for 11.7 miles. Not great but an improvement. At slower paces I am highly uneconomical and in terms of building a cake/house/(insert random euphemism for fitness) my foundations are not great. This needs to be sub 7:30/mm before I have a great fitness base to move up to half marathon or marathon training.

But we are improving. Legs ache but feeling stronger by the day and the consistency is returning. Jan / Feb / Mar were pretty good but April I only ran 17 days. May was returning but still missed 7 days running and a lot of those that I did were short runs. Albeit pace is returning to the right ballpark - 7:17/mm avge. Have run 7 days in a row and planning to run tomorrow so will rest Friday which fits in perfectly with family stuff.

So I am moving onto the next level. Max 50 mpw and pace down a lot closer to 7/mm. I will run some sessions (2 per week) and mix it up a bit. Hopefully the niggles will go and the fitness will come back.

Next level for me is to get into shape to start challenging. 16.30 / 34.30 shape for 5k/10k and then it's maintaining fitness and getting the right races. Once I am running strongly (6:40/mm feeling comfortable 150bpm ish) then I think it's time to have a crack at a couple of 'a' races. That is, to break 16 mins and 33.30. But first stage is to get paces much improved for HR, got to feel easy at 7/mm and got to hit sub 6 on HR test runs - that's the way forward!

Next up is Parkrun in Leeds Saturday morning and a time as damn near 17 mins as possible!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block