Ease Up

So, I'm pretty much half way through taper and ... I'm on for a record month!

Certainly doing too much at the minute so plan is just to ease back a little (a lot) on the volume and ramp up intensity. 21 running miles banked today. Obviously a long way from text book taper BUT I really needed a confidence builder.

Running,m especially long running, has been way off track so today Kye dragged me out for 13 at lunchtime (really appreciated the call out as I would have jogged 8 on my own) and that gave me a fantastic starting point. Worked out exactly 7/mm which is perfect. 8 mile later tonight @ 8/mm was a bonus and was great to feel easy. Evening run at 136bpm shows HR and base fitness is bang on, best levels ever. I know I've not got top end speed but hey, I'm going to be out there all day next Sunday !!!

Head and shoulder still fucked after crash but running was no issue and it's healing every day now.

So confidence restored on the run. Big weight off my shoulders. Plan slightly adjusted to drop some miles this week, Wednesday will be 8/10 miles rather than 13.

Swim is a worry as I'm planing on swimming Thursday and Friday but still don't have movement in the arm. Will probably sack off Friday and train Saturday as it's Anges birthday and this plan is looking a bit 'normal' week rather than 'taper' week!

To be fair I always wanted to be switched on rather than peeking. Didn't want to build myself up for one day and then crash and burn. Aim was always to be in great shape at running and cycling, almost in a position to be able to do it at any stage and I reckon I'm not far off that. Swimming is the one to crack and I was just getting there last week. Going to have to prey the shoulder heals up in time to get some good pool time in between now and then.

So, today. Big run miles banked. Big shout out to Kye. Time to ease back. Easy ride with Mr Day tomorrow - 30 or so pretty steady. First ride since the crash and need to get TT bike looked over to make sure I haven't killed her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block