Taper time

I'm now less than 3 weeks from Ironman! The countdown from 12 months ago has appeared from nowhere and now I'm staring down the barrel of being a week out from taper and I have no idea where that time has gone!!!

June stats (roughly the same as May)

Run: 16 hours, 131 miles @ 7:25/mm
Swim: 7 hours, 10 miles
Bike: 28 hours, 541 miles

Good consistent months training in the bank and highlights for June were -

Outlaw half - 4.49 with a 22mph avge on the bike and 1.27 low half split.
Peterborough 5k - 17.12 on tired legs
Cambridge 100 - done as a hill session!
Cambridge 25 brick - 63 min 25 TT and 6.30 4 miles brick off the back

So into taper I go. Finished my last day of training with a hangover rest day which meant Monday was double 8 mile run day. Good marathon training and one to do again. Tuesday solid 43 mile ride with Kye and then swim session. Swim has been shit lately, stopped seeing Josh and just drifted through a few bits and bobs but picked up with Adam from Greenlight for a session and he gave me a couple of pointers to go and work on. Went away, worked on them and started seeing myself get back a little bit but not all completely 100%. But fuck me, Tuesday night I was flying! Everything clicked and I nailled the session! Main set was 4 x 100 (1.32, 1.32, 1.30, 1.31), 4 x 75 (avge 1.08), 6 x 50 (avge 44), 8 x 25 (avge 21). Chuffed to bits with that and feeling confident again. Still not going to set lake Zurich alight but I am fairly certain I wont be getting the last bike off the rack!!

Feeling pretty confident about it all now. Big run week this week. 22 miles on Sunday with a half marathon in the middle and 10 @ 6.30 pace tomorrow (#plan). Got 2 TT's on the bike as well (both at Abbo) so getting some strength in there. Then next week it's all about the swim & fast bike / run miles. Will prob do club run Sunday before - 70-80 nice and easy and then it's all about getting the legs in tip-top shape.

Boring old blog there I'll agree but fuck all to go on about really. Train, work, eat, sleep #yawn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo