End of faze

Phase 2 done.  End of track season, banked a fair few decent performances to be fair, Park runs down from 17.30s to 17.11 (x2), some track races - 2.23, 4.38, 9.54 & 16.52 for 800m, 1500m, 3000m & 5000m to rank just around top 100 for each in v40 age group.  Pretty consistent performances and definitely getting better throughout.

The 5000m at Biggleswade was a much better performance than the clock said.  It was properly windy and I had a serious crack at making the gap to leader.  In my head I am in 16.30 shape if all went to plan so 16.30 - 17.00 5k is the new range.  If I can work that down again over the next few months who knows!

To run seriously well on track I need run 15.xx for 5k.  That opens the door for a sub 10 min 3k chase and 4.20 1500m.  Truck loads of work to get there though.  Main thing is getting to 30 secs 200m / 70 secs 400m for intervals and I am a way off that.

I'll start looping every 3 weeks of 1 week easy mileage to build conditioning and 2 weeks of 3 x sessions per week to build speed and fitness.  I also need to nail my S&C especially on lower legs.  3 x per week plus pilates 1 x per week.  No excuses!

My recovery runs I am binning the Garmin and running to feel - that's been missed - perceived effort.  So it feels like I have a weeks holiday coming up lol  I honestly thin I'll struggle mentally to get the miles in but the plan is something like 3/4 miles recovery am and 5/6 miles easy / steady pm. I would imagine by late week I'll be feeling fruity for something threshold-y but we shall see.

This phase is all about developing and pushing forwards.  Last phase was a bit of a washout in terms of performance as I never really nailled a perfect time for fitness which I did in the previous phase.  BUT consistence is 100% there and I am developing a solid pace level. 

All good in the hood.  I'll try and get a parkrun in on each weekly cycle.  This phase will go on until the new year when I'l look to start incorporating more speed into the diet.  BUT I am really happy with running.  Mentally it's taking no effort as I'm only doing the stuff I enjoy.  There's also a smug satisfaction at running less than 40 mpw average with no runs over 8.5 miles and running sub 17 for 5k

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo