New day new me

Nice and easy this morning.  No Garmin - just a slop around the 4.5 mile route through Caxton.  Wore the trail shoes, great on the trails but calf was none too happy on the road.  Need to think about this, no point taking risks.  Very much considering using the treadmill a lot more through winter.  Just need to get the head in the game.

First non-Vaporfly run (apart from spikes once) for months.  Legs were not fucking thanking me!

Sorted my home gym out (ohh sounds fancy) and set up my rehab station for S&C.  Did my reps, will hit those daily now to build up the lower leg strength that's going to be KEY.

Out tonight avoiding the rain for 5 easy - steady.  Started feeling a bit bleugh and it never really went away.  What was different though was the HR which was bullet proof throughout.  Aim was to sit at 150 bpm but rarely got above 145.  Magic numbers for 7:15/mm - best return for years.  Either bordering on serious fitness of illness.

Either way it's going to be a few more weeks before I can test the theory out in a race as I'm out Friday evening and then away for a couple of weeks.

Surprising amount of miles last 3 days - nearly 30 bagged.  If I can nail the recovery from Saturday I think I'll be able to stick a few days of decent pace in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo