Taper week

Cutting back this week for Saturday's race.  Really want to have a decent hit out, I've started the season with my best 5k and backed it up with some solid efforts but still haven't gone quick.

I've only targeted this race so bit of pressure to get it right.  5 weeks of solid sessions to get used to running hard and a consistent block of 40 mpw.  Not really picked anything after this so this is the line in the sand before winter.  Once the weather picks up again, I'll need to run faster than this without much effort otherwise winter will be a write off.

So this week, after the highs of Chariots on Sunday it was a rest Monday.  Tuesday threshold, solid effort but could have run much harder which was brilliant. Probs best tempo since 2013.  Wednesday met Rich & Ian for lake loop on offs.  On laps hard at 5.09, 5.25, 5.20 pace and off laps at 6.40 pace.  Felt crazy easy/  4 miles steady tonight around St Oves at 6.40 pace feeling easy.  Legs a little heavy but 3 solid days without killing it is perfect taper for a 5k.  Will rest tomorrow then hit it Saturday.

Feel really fit - no idea what I should be running but track and a later start does suit me.  I am thinking to start at around 16.30 pace and see what happens. In my head that seems more than realistic - 3.18 per km - but you never know.  I'd settle for 16.45 I guess. It is going to be windy so it will be a bit of a tactical one whatever happens.

Been a decent year run wise, I haven't shone - nowhere close - but I've started knocking on the door and that's main thing.  Want to run chase next season, it'll be interesting to see if I can still get over them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo