Plantar Fascia, Infinity React, Track, Miles Miles Miles



... and finally getting over my hip & calf issues.

The Bad

Had to sack off last nights track session (4 x km) because plantar fascia kicked off on the first rep.  Admittedly I wore spikes, as soon as I started it ached.  200m - 400m in I could feel it worsening so I tried to wiggle my toes during the run.  The ache was pretty annoying but definitely moving towards pain by 800m and then by the finish I was wondering to give the next rep a crack.

With thoughts of the hip in my mind I just pulled the plug.

It's very frustrating because these track sessions in spikes are key to getting in race shape for this coming season.

Cooled down - cut it short because I was fucked off - and went home.  Found yet another stretching routine to do daily to try and help.

The So-so

Nike Infinity Run Flynit React (they love a long title) - arrived Sunday.  Got first chance to wear them today.  3 miles easy where the pace was pretty good and warm up / cool down for track (where the pace was not).  First thought is they are properly bulky.  At £139 I am not that impressed, they seem like an OK mileage muncher but they are not Next % that's for sure!

Wearing them straight after pulling up in spikes I have to say I had no issues with the foot so maybe there's something but I'll reserve judgement for now.

I'm UK 7.5 or 8 and at 7.5 these are incredibly tight.  I'd advise to size up as they come up like Nike spikes (I could probably go 8.5 with their spikes).

The Good

I've bitten the bullet and decided to press on with the miles miles miles strategy.  Last nights track sack kinda helped assure me that that was right to be fair!
So the plan is to really go long (for me this week) with double days - mainly 3 miles recovery every morning followed by 5/6 easy miles and maybe a longer run at the weekend (10).  The plan is to go as far as maybe 60 this week - I can't see it - and get the body used to running more frequently and longer.  That was I can cut back to 50 and feel like I am getting gains.

I know that off 40 mpw I can run mid 16's with a consistent block of training but I want a little more and I want it a little quicker.

So far, 2 days in to the week it feels OK and manageable.  The plan is to get that mileage off 1 run per day which is only 8 miles, but that seems a bloody long way at any sort of pace right now!

Also good, rep 1 last night.  3.25 - which is not quick, but is the same pace that I ran rep 1 on previous 2 sessions and it felt much easier. I think in my head I was on for a good session.

Also, also good - the drills I hit pre-run were really good and set me up nicely.  I've taken no pain relief this week (yet) the legs feel heavy but responsive.

It's good signs.  I need to remain sensible, hit the mileage plan for 2 maybe 3 weeks and then review coming back to track once the plantar issue is gone BUT it needs to be gone for a few days not hitting track the minute I can't feel it !!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo