Return of the Mac

"Slowly, slowly catchee monkey" 

- the Gaffer '96


Feels like an eternity since I felt like I could plan out a training block but maybe, just maybe we are here.

3 weeks now very slowly building back to some light sessions and tempos. I've penned out a small block to try and get some fitness and motivation back but I am not going to lie, it's been a bloody tough journey.

New Treadmill arrived a couple of weeks ago after the old one got worn out. The new one is a really good piece of kit and touch wood paces feel incredibly close to real world paces. I'll do 75% of my work on there as I build fitness I reckon.

Aim from here is to slowly build and chip away at paces and mileage without going  too mad and peaking too soon or changing things radically when they don't work.

I'm back on the old plan that got me 5k fit and if I can get relaxed at pace again it should pay off. Right now I can run 5 miles at around 6 flat pace without dying so I'm on the dancefloor, just nowhere near the band !!

Frustrated that track season really didn't pan out but I have my eye on some very late season races and I'll roll the dice then. But for now, head down, train smart and get fit.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo