Breakdown

12 miles today, pretty slow (7.49/mm pace) for 148 bpm. That gives around 1147 beats per mile. Absolutely awful stats in every department except distance.

I'm not downbeat, far from it. I am at a stage of my training where I am trying to max my body out, get as many miles in as possible until I am close to breakdown, then rest up and recover and come back stronger.

After my holiday, I started back this month with the aim of getting pretty fit pretty quick. For me that means getting the miles in. I said previously, for me, if I get the miles in consistently then the pace will follow. So the master plan is to get 60 mpw avge from now until Peterborough Half. The aim there is to go as close 6/mm as possible (1.18.30ish), with the dream taregt of a sub 1.15 if all goes well.

Once I am at that fitness level I will push on. But for now, the routine is to cram as many miles in as possible.

The reason for my HR being so high today is simple, my legs were shattered. The miles have taken their toll. I got 8 miles pretty comfortable then it was painful getting home for the last 4. But, it serves the purpose for what I am after - conditioning the legs to handle hard marathon prep. Job done, I have to trust that it'll be a 2 steps forward one step back process. I will be knackered pretty much all the time and my legs will hurt like hell pretty much constantly BUT I have faith that this will get me fit quick.

Mileage wise, it's not outstanding but pretty reasonable. 129 miles in 16 days. That gives me an average just under 60 mpw but Sunday sees the start of lifting the long run to 15 miles. Should hit 250 miles for September barring disaster. Then it's ease down for the Frostbite league race, hit the miles hard for a few days and taper to Peterborough Half. If it doesn't go to plan I will just continue with what I am doing, otherwise will reasses and start lifting miles and pace a bit.

Planning to do speedwork at the track on Tuesday so will see how that fits in. Sure the legs wont thank me !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block