Races and Targets

At the minute, I see myself in maybe 1.22/3 shape for a half.

Really want to get to the end of the year in sub 1.15 shape. Looking at where I started (general fitness, my base over the year (injury free), progress & historical data) this should be reasonable. I know what it took to get me in 1.15 shape previously and if I can get there I think I'll be in good shape to have a crack at a proper marathon plan from January.

Got my first long run of the campaign tomorrow morning. 15 steady with a group of lads. I like doing my long runs at MP + 60-90 secs, don't feel I need to run hard on long runs at all unless I'm racing. Anything around 7.30s I will be over the moon tomorrow.

Whatever happens, getting a 14+ at least weekly and at least a 20 every 3 weeks is a must.

So the racing plan and targets...

OCTOBER
2nd Frostbite League St Neots
9th Peterborough Half

NOVEMBER
6th Frostbite League Bushfield (flat out 5 miles)
20th St Neots Half (run to marathon HR)

DECEMBER
11th Bedford Half (pb attempt)
31st Ely 10k

Some good races in there, be good to get first race out of the way and then have a crack at the Great Eastern Run. Got to keep the long runs and miles up though !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block