Adapting

Went for a 3 mile plod today to test the calf out. Although it's feeling better as days go on, it tightened up about half way round again. Think there is a tear in there so will probably be a few more days until I can run clear on it again.

So, will dust the bike off tomorrow and start plan B! May also try and get a swim in tomorrow, train like a triathlete like I originally planned to do ! Plan will be to train on the bike and swim until I can run clear again.

It's always frustrating to get back to fitness like I have and immediately get injured but shit happens and you have to deal with it!

Felt very tired on todays run, not actually worried about taking a few days off. Have really trained hard past few weeks and pretty much put a marker on the board that I wanted to so really want to push on when I start training again.

Will probably do the school run and then get straight on the bike tom. Nice 25 or 30 miles I reckon would be nice. I know bike isn't comparative exactly to running but I just need to spin the legs and get back into it. Next target realistically is to be running sub 5:20/mm for 4 miles tempo. I reckon that will put me in a good place to race again and try and improve my run britain ranking :)

Be nice to get a swim in tomorrow as well, maybe do an easy mile or something. the belly is catching me up, wore a shirt today and buttons started popping open!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo