10 x 300

Why do I blog?  I have only 1 reader and 1 audience - me.  This stuff is pretty useful when I'm in need of some ideas to see how / why I got in shape previously. Admittedly, there's not been many nuggets for about 7 years but still - you never know when it's going to click !!  Who knows, someone may one day read this shit and find it interesting !!

Track session last night. 10 x 300m.  I've avoided track for a month or so because I hadn't felt my legs can stand up to it.

The problem I have is my left shin and right achillies are constantly in pain and feel incredibly weak.  Until I can feel 100% I literally go day by day not knowing what or even if I can run each day. 

I did a very easy 3 miles in the morning yesterday to wake the legs up. They were grumbly but not too bad so I decided to roll the dice. 

Track warm up with extra drills.  I did the session in the 4%'s and avoided the headwind on the home straight.  First rep up in 55 feeling like I'd never complete 10 in a million years.  Knocked the rest off in 54s and 53s through the card with a slow 100m walk recovery.  Not a terrible session especially considering the state I am in.

Warm down feeling a bit achey but today wake up and legs feel no worse than usual which is a great sign.

Weigh in this morning (which has been heaviest time of the day recently) and 11st 4.5lbs. Best morning weight and half a stone down since start of April.

The plan is still the same.  Get to sub 11 stone through 40-50 miles per week.  I've run every day bar one in April and I am screeming out for a rest but sticking to the plan builds conditioning, resiliance and the all important weight loss.

Once I get to 10 stone x then the plan moves on to build in more speed and focus. I'll also add in weight training which I really need to push on with pace. I am hoping that will come in around 2 weeks.  I'll probably drop the mileage to 30-40 mpw and focus more on sessions and recovery with weights and bike on off days.

For now though I stick to the plan and I need 18 miles between today and Sunday.  I was hoping to do Parkrun on SAaturday but I think it will knock the miles back too much.  Patience is needed right now.

Best run shape I have been in for some time and I don't want to toss it back (again)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block