Planning the plan



Not having to worry about who to fuck off from Strava this week is a massive weight lifted haha it actually felt good to have a clear out.  Back to worrying about when the Alphafly are going to drop now.

100% going to need a rest day tomorrow.  Quality has absolutely battered my legs.

So to the plan...  the balance seems right for my aims and fitness.  I feel like I am slowly getting fitter and faster.

Don't see any reason not to continue with the Tuesday & Thursday main sessions.

Tuesday I'll increase pace slightly.  Probs start at 18.8 and build to 19.7. See how that goes.  I have plenty of time to get that faster before that session changes any.  Once I can get to running 10 x 60 secs off 20 kmph I'll probably settle it there and build the time up.  Lactate buffering at sub 5 pace is plenty and then it'll be making the session feel easy before i push on.  We are a LONG way from that !!

Thursday again 8 x 30 secs @ 22 kmph.  It's challenging enough right now.  It'll be 3-4 weeks until that session becomes 'easy'.  When It does I think I will add in a 3/4 mile shuffle later in the day to get some miles in.

40 miles per week seems a bit light. That's where I am landing right now but I am totally fucked on the 6 days I put in this week.  To be fair it's that level of fucked that you know a rest should start to show adaptions.

Saturday is the other Q day.  I think if I feel OK I will probably go with the tempo 3 up and 5k down.  It's a nice session and if done correctly and conditions are OK should see some good pace.  Need to add in some work around the 5.30-6/mm range.  I could adapt it to 3 x 2M or 2 x 2M @ 5k pace maybe if I can be arsed to travel to the track?

Wednesday session I will probably bring into easy range and use HRM to keep HR under control.  The Zwift session was cool to be fair but if the legs are OK I will do it outdoors. Needs to be 8 miles for now but aim to build to 10.

Friday run with DC - 8 @ 7s should be a hell of a lot easier with no wind.

Sunday - long and easy.  10 today @ 7:52/mm.  No point picking thus up until I am strong enough to get here in reasonable shape. Right now I am nowhere fit enough to put any pace into this.  Maybe with an easier Saturday session but right now I am on the limit with that.  Jesus I stopped about 15 times today. Ideally I'll get up to a half distance but no panic.

Monday - rest day.  It's going to need to be like that for a while until I get stronger. The sessions are going really well but I am getting to the end of the week ruined.

Can't see how I can get much over 50 miles a week on this plan but if the quality is there then that's good.

Need to be running easy @ 7/mm and steady at very low 6s.  I am a very very long way off where it needs to be. Fingers crossed a good rest until Tuesdays session picks things up a bit.

Thinking on cut back weeks but with single days and only 6 runs per week it doesn't seem necessary.  My Q is very hard and fast (for me) but quite short time.  Maybe take the occasional easy week with just one Q session?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block