Frustrating

I was half way through writing a blog about cracking 16 mins but after today's run I've kinda just fucked it off.

My achillies hasn't properly healed yet.  2 days complete rest last week where I could barely walk without a severe limp and 3 days running, it's s_l_o_w_l_y coming back.  I'm 99% sure that running easy is OK as it's improving BUT it's not 100% and it does affect me slighly enough on runs to be off putting.  Uphill especially it's a bit of a stop start affect on my stride as I have to heal strike.  I think it should be fine by the end of the week but we shall see.

It'll get better, and I can accept the fact that I have to be patient.  What's really fucking me off though is slipping back into old habbits that affect running more than the niggles.

This morning's run prep was basically 2 coffees and a glug of water.  I've slipped back into the old routine of not drinking enough water, lots of coffee and lots of snacks.  Everything in moderation, going back to excess will lead to shitty times.

It's fine to let your hair down, but it can't be part of the routine.  Last few weeks I had been good at getting in water, not overdoing alcohol, laying off snacks - just the odd treat and most importantly preparing for runs was 100% spot on.  

Get a solid run in and it's back to the old shit.  So straight away, need to draw a line under it.

Today's run was pretty much a bonk at 7 miles and needing to run - walk home.  I felt horrific because I hadn't drunk enough water and I hadn't done full stretching routine.  I can't let that happen because it makes training pointless if there isn't a benefit to it.  Last 3 weeks have been low volume due to various issues so I need to at least be healthy and ready to run ffs !!

Anyways, lesson learned.  Back on the good shit.  No point thinking about sub 16 if I can't at least justify the shape I am in!

Next week - at least get myself on the start line in good shape to run.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block