Invincible Test 1 week on

If I am honest, I can't remember how I felt about them initially - lol 

4 runs in and the review is - hmm personally they just come across as too soft. It's impossible to get any pace in them, it's hard work to get any return. If you're looking for a daily trainer stick with the Tempos. If you are looking at a recovery run trainer - these do fit the bill there. I would say for a slow shoe they have brillant comfort but they seem like a luxury addition to a rotation for anyone running less than 60 miles per week or running less than 8/mm regularly.

So that's me, I'll keep them in the rotation for VERY easy shakeouts. Easy runs I'll probably stick to the tempos to be fair or more likely just run out the foam on my VF.

I actually need to start to log miles in trainers now as a few pairs are getting quite tired. My VFs really seem like hard work compared to the Adios and AFs. As I said earlier probably good for easy runs now as they give me an artifical confidence boost for my average pace lol

Been dark this week on social feeds. Actually nice not to worry about how my training looks. It's insane really that we feel the need to impress people on Strava but I guess that's just human nature. I think it can do more harm than good sometimes. As much as I see the benefit of Strava and the like  it is good to take a break from time to time.

Just finished my base block today. 4 weeks build, each week adding slightly more. For my marathon days this would have been a pony return but those days are long gone so happy with what I have bagged. Fatigue was incredible today, my body is pretty much at the limit, was probably passing that about 5 miles in to today's run! Even looking at TP my fatigue and ATL is highest since November and in comparision to my current fitness levels it's off the charts, possibly 2 or 3 year high to base. It's quite a short base phase but I am banking on having some fitness from November and December lurking inside, hiding itself somewhere!

Next stage is to start adding in sessions. I actually cannot wait to do more fast stuff again. A couple of runs this week really started to feel some pace but leg speed is limiting factor. 

It really feels like winter is behind us now. Intervals on the track in the sun is starting to sound better and better every day. It was only a week ago I was wrapping up in several layers and now I'm already eyeing up the vest collection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo