Week 2 #done

Second week in the bag, it's absolutely flown by. Doesn't feel like 7 days ago I was back here looking over the training log.

First up, I absolutely thrive on consistent training. I even try to get my runs done at the same time. This week I upped an extra day as well as keeping things similar on the other run days.

The key has been running VERY easy on easy days, getting one mini session in, a longer run and a steady run.  On top of that I got 3 solid lower back strength sessions in (well 2, I have another one to do tonight!!)

I'm really please with how things have progressed. Every run has seen an increase in pace and a decrease in heart rate. I'll most likely follow the same routine this week and again just sprinkle a little extra mileage in to add to the conditioning.

So stats for the week (last week in brackets)

Miles - 38.0 (32.7)

TSS - 328 (263)

Pace - no idea, similar to last week probably avge 7.30/mm !

The achillies is still not quite right but the niggle has definatly got a lot less this week so that's good news. It's feeling similar to the shin was in early 2019 - it's there but it's not really causing problems. I'll hold off on the faster sessions for now, I think a little more conditioning can't hurt and I'll keep monitoring that HR!

Main runs comparison -

Tempo progressive, blogged about. Last mile faster, more power, lower HR 

Long run - 10 miles, 1.5 extra. HR 1 bpm higher but pace 13 secs mile faster.

Steady run - 1 bpm lower, 4 secs mile faster

Easy runs - HR down.

Everything heading in the right direction. The steady run (6:48/mm @ 151 bpm) is heading in the right ball park of 6:30 pace at 150 bpm. I'd also like to get 3 miles in at sub 6 pace for the progressive - stretch at the minute but a good point to start building from.

I'll also add in a mile a week to the long run now. That needs to be 90 minutes really so probably do few miles before I run with Jake.

So I'll keep building around this plan for now. Conditioning is working so no need to push on yet. Really pleased with the strength work, I think that's paying off. I'll do 3 different muscle groups next week.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo