Onwards and upwards

This week is shaping up to be pretty decent.  Tuesday's run was pretty pony but at least I got it in the bag, Wednesday's session went better than expected and today (rested last week) was a bonus shakeout with the Mrs!

Have to say Ange is starting to run bloody well. I would never have thought she would be getting her harder runs down to very low 8 min miles and almost just under! Her harder runs now blend in with my easy runs and she's run her 2 fastest 5k's within longer runs of 10k and 5 miles (26.26 and 26.18) in the last half a week. Mind blown!  Just goes to show that Daz Man maybe knows what he's talking about ;) that's 13 mins off her pb in just over a year!

Anyway, back to the important stuff - me haha !!

After 2 days off (1 of them just lazy) I got the lower back workout in today. I think this is going to be a big area of improvement. My whole core/glutes/hips/lower back I am really keen to stop having the old man aches every day and there's only one way to make that happen. Overload the fuck out of it and get strong enough that it doesn't become an issue.

Moving forward, once I have sured up the injury, I think I can have 3 focus strength sessions per week. I need to keep things simple or I will not get them done. 1 session of core and back. 1 session of basic strength glutes & pilates, 1 session of dynamic - plyometrics. That should give me a really strong foundation to build on and these are the areas that I've neglected over the years. You can teach an old dog new tricks!

Running wise I think I was probably in 18.30 shape last week, 18 min flat shape this week and there's no reason to think that 30 sec per week improvement won't continue with consistency down to sub 17 again.

Finish this week the same as last week and just keep monitoring the heart rate comparison. Next week again will be a repeat but possibly Wednesday run I may try and run last 3 miles at sub 6 pace (last 2 averaged out sub 6 this week).

I'll also try and build in some strides when I can, just need the left leg to play ball!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo