Nutrition Is Key

This week my focus is concentrating on getting enough protein in at the right time. This is something Ange is great at but I always let this slip.

I'm going back to tracking and making sure I get 30g Protein at each meal and getting at least a shake in immediately after finishing a session.

I'm a bit concerned that whilst I am nailing the sessions I am not building back and recovering. Last week I was just hammered after Tuesday and never felt like I recovered from that session.

Tracking food allows me to see progress but also I can see when I need a top up with protein powder. This morning I had 3 poached eggs on toast and that came in at 20g so I topped up with a protein shake (water not milk).

I'll also hit a protein shake after each session just to get that in straight away. Ideally this week is a cut down (of intensity) to focus more on tempo so all being well i should start to feel stronger as the week goes on. I felt lethargic constantly last week and that's a frustrating feeling especially when my training plan is quite light (only 35 miles for the week over 5 days!)

I'll need a protein shake on session mornings as I have zero protein on my pre-session favorite breakfast !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo