Storys Field Parkrun

Absolutely gash - that's the honest outcome !!!

To be fair, I guess I had a bad one coming. It's been 8 weeks since I last left some out there on the course and that was a 19.03 Parkrun so a bad 17.44 is a step in the right direction.

Not sure where it went wrong. We'll I guess I am, I just don't want to admit it lol 

Decent week training banked. That's definitely heading in the right direction as far as big picture is concerned. I've been fairly disciplined with food too and weight down to 10 st 6.9 lbs this morning so 3 - 4 lbs down on where it was.

Changed up the shoes this morning so ran in the NB Fuel Cells. Now I LOVE these shoes and can't say enough about them as a daily trainer. By far the most comfortable shoes I have in my rotation. They are quick and I wanted to give them a tester over 5k - I've only run hard in them for intervals on the treddy where they have held their own.

The biggest (the only) issue with these shoes is that they do not work with my Stryd power meter. Like, at all. Power jumps around like crazy from 150 to 350w on a hard effort and you just cannot use it. On the treadmill it reads as 9/mm at 5/mm. I like to run to power for Parkrun - don't have distance or pace up just power and lap time. Now, this in itself isn't a big deal, just run to pace you fanny. That was the plan, however for some reason the course came up well short today, specifically in the first mile. This was around 5.31 today BUT it came up at around 5.44 on my Garmin.  This did screw with my head as I knew it wasn't right but I started to get the old 'lets drop to tempo' feelings pretty early.

The shoes I would say are simply too soft for 5k (for me). After this I have to say I don't see anything outside the Asics MetaSky right now. Power and pace work perfect and I get a good bit of road feedback from them.

Second thing that's probably softened me up this week was running through without a rest day. I ran easy Monday, Weds and Friday (all pretty much recovery pace) and very hard Tues and Thurs. I should have banked Monday as a rest day and felt fresher through the week.

So that's the excuses out of the way! It's not a huge deal as I am trying to build some fitness in this block and adapting to training it just part of the process. But annoying that it was so shite but I'll be back next weekend to have another crack.

Aim this week - just keep the process going. Increase paces and get a solid rest day in! Next week I'll aim to try and knock that Parkrun out properly but for now just use this week as motivation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block